Holstein 100 cyclists, bring your friends and family! We have four routes (19, 30, 65 and 100) for all levels.
Join us for the ride and enjoy:
- Shaded patio for post ride luncheon.
- Stunning scenery along beautiful rural roads in West Marin and Sonoma counties.
- Expansive views of Tomales Bay and Marin County’s spectacular rolling hills along with Holstein cows as you ride.
- Routes for all levels including one of California’s premier challenging century rides with superior support services and local fabulous food.
Get your mooing ready!
All routes share the same roads. Plan to ride with your friends or hook up along the way in beautiful West Marin!
All Holstein routes are subject to change based on CalTrans, county government, and the weather. These links are provided only for reference. They do depict the general route (but may contain minor errors). You’ll receive a map on the day of the event.
STARTING TIMES: Tomales High School
Check In/Registration Times:
- 6:30 — 8:00 a.m. for 100 and 65 routes
- 8:00 — 9:00 a.m. for 30 and 19 routes
Cyclists that arrive at Valley Ford Rest Stop after 3:30pm will be directed to a shorter return route.
ALL route support ends at 5:00 pm.
Post-ride food service ends at 5:00 pm.
Ham radio support will be at rest stops and in SAG vehicles patrolling the routes.
Rules of the Road
All riders in the Holstein 100 must obey the rules of the road, as follows:
- All riders must sign the release form before starting the ride.
- All riders under 18 years of age must have the form signed by a parent or guardian, and carry the medical release authorizing any needed treatment (see below).
- ANSI/Snell-approved helmets must be worn at all times during the ride.
- Bicyclists must obey all California Vehicle Code Laws including all stop signs and signals. Violators may be cited by local authorities.
- Riders must make certain that their bicycles are in good operating condition prior to the ride.
- Riders must carry a spare tube or patch kit, pump, tools, water bottle, telephone money and medical I. D. (Don’t forget necessary medications such as inhalers and the like!)
- Whenever possible, ride in a straight, single file line. Move over for vehicles.
- Please, no personal SAG wagons.
Lodging and Campground Info
West Marin Hotels & Lodging
- Bodega Lodging
- Inns of Marin
- West Marin Network
phone: (415) 663-9543
- West Marin Vacation Rentals
- Bear Valley Inn